Sunday, October 7, 2012

Will my MBA be nothing more than an incremental improvement?

I'm really just adding a feature that so many other people possess. My MBA won't even be from a program that gives me a boost through mere association. I know that I'm benefiting from the program, but I'm not just sure if the amount of time and effort that I'm putting in will be worth whatever benefits I may derive.

This thinking is really just me wondering if this program is the best use of my time. I think about the things that I would rather be doing than spending my nights working on school stuff and I start to wonder if the returns on this effort justify the lost sleep, the reduction in blog posts, fewer workouts, and neglect of various work activities.

I'm not really sure what I would do that would be a more radical improvement in my capabilities. Most of my voluntary activities would likely deepen my existing skills and expertise. I can't think of much that would broaden my perspective like the MBA classes. I guess if I can ever come up with something that is more compelling, I'll leave the MBA program and work on that. I guess I can use the amount of effort I put into finding something else to keep me busy as a gauge for my subconscious desire to keep pursuing this status quo project.

No comments:

Post a Comment