Sunday, May 25, 2014

My fitness level, taking a longer view

I found some of my 5K results from back in 2005 and 2007 on the web. This distance is relevant because I ran a 5K on Saturday morning. All 3 races were run on pretty much the same course (same starting point and some of the same stretches of road, but there have been a few modifications made over the years). Both of my earlier times were over 31 minutes. That's a 10 minute mile. I did the run in 24:29 on Saturday. If you had told the 29 year old me that I would be running a 5K in the just under 8 minutes a mile at 38, I would have been very excited. I'm pretty sure that time is a PR for me, at least in actual races, so I'm actually pretty excited about it now! 

Training is such a now thing, it's interesting to take a step back to see just how far I've come over the years! (And the irony is not lost on me that I'm looking at race times, the epitome of a quantifiable goal, while giving myself a hard time for focusing on quantified goals a few days ago.)


No comments:

Post a Comment