Tuesday, July 27, 2010

New Motivation

My HDL levels are borderline high. Seeing that I'm only 34, now seems the right time to address this issue rather than brushing it aside. After a quick online search into what causes high cholesterol, my plan is to get back on track to lose my gut. Losing weight (which will involve more exercise and better eating habits) will bring my HDL down a few points, hopefully. Maybe this not great news will get the scale going down again.

While I'm commenting on my losing the gut resolution, I'll give an update on another neglected resolution, reading a Dickens book. I have been focusing my reading time on Nicholas Nickleby. I'm almost half finished. I want to get it wrapped up by the time my online classes start at Marist (assuming they accept me of course). I have no idea how much time I will have to read once my classes start so I figured I should take care of that resolution now rather than trying to squeeze a fat Dickens book into the last couple weeks of December. I'm reading 25-30 pages a night before I workout (or pass out like I did last night, that's one way to go to bed earlier).

I've been thinking about which two foundations classes to take this semester. Should I tackle one of the subjects that I do not find particularly appealing (like accounting or finance) or should I pick something interesting (like economics)? I guess I'll have an advisor that is supposed to help me make this decision, but I'm sure I'll get a stock answer. I have to take them all eventually so it probably doesn't matter in which order I take them, and it's not like I have to pick a time that works for me. I'm currently leaning towards economics (or analytical tools, I may be able to use some of that in my job) and management. We'll see what my adviser says, assuming I get accepted of course. (Yes, I will count school books in my books read for the year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment