Saturday, December 25, 2010

What next?

I just finished my 26th book of the year. Now I'm faced with the big question of what to read next. I told myself that I was going to use this time between my classes to read something challenging, but I'm not sure what that really means. I need to take a look at my shelves to see what strikes my interest. I'm thinking novel but I may go with one of my history books or a biography. Hard to say at this point.

I could also read something on my iPod. I downloaded the Kindle app a couple of days ago. I found the free classics. I limited myself to downloading two. I've been reading A Christmas Carol here and there, but I was so close to finishing A Game of Thrones that I put focused my reading time on that. The reader will be nice going into next year. Seeing how pathetic I was with limiting myself to 8 books for the year, I've decided that next year I'm not going to buy any new books (other than school books of course). I can shop in a store and go home and download the book for free (as long as I stick to classics with expired trademarks anyway). The decision to go cold turkey has also prompted me to get what I want now. I will be buying the rest of the Song of Fire and Ice before the year is out (I'll try to get it used or as cheap as I can on Amazon). I bought a bio of Henry James when I bought one of my school books for next year. I have a week to figure out if there is anything else that I need before the year is out. It's going to be tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment