Monday, September 19, 2011

Deadlines

They're really just an excuse to do something else. Whey bother pushing a project ahead when the deadline is still a good ways down the road? It's more fun to watch the football game and do this or that online. There is nobody waiting for my product. It can sit idle for a little while longer.

Would I have made the same decision without the deadline? If I just want to get my manuscript finished so I can move on to the next project, it would make sense for me to work hard to get the project finished no matter what external time frame has been imposed. Get the project moving. Get it finished. Build on that experience and make the next project that much better. Produce, produce, produce.

It's about taking charge of the process and imposing my will rather than ceding control to an authority that will dictate my pace and control my output.

No comments:

Post a Comment