Friday, September 2, 2011

What Do You Want

How can you get what you want if you never think to yourself, I want that? How do you ever get the hot guy/girl into bed if you never tell them that you want them? When do you start doing the work that you love if you're too busy doing the work that others want you to pursue? How do you get fit without getting tired of being fat? Making a decision to pursue only comes after feeling desire. You can only answer the challenge of how to get it after making the choice to want it in the first place.

This isn't just setting a goal. A goal is external. Pursuing what you want is an expression of intent. It's not a wish that something externally will come along to make your dream a reality. Pursuit is active, direct, and selfish. It's knowing that you want something with no regard to others' opinion on the matter. No approval is sought, no permission is asked.

There is no sheepish stammering request. I want you. I want this job. There are no doubts, fears, or hesitations. This is me as I am. I have chosen. Will you?

No comments:

Post a Comment