Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Poke, poke, poke

I've been suffering from a general level of apathy for my professional pursuits for the last couple of months. It's boredom with my assignments (which are keeping me from pursuing more interesting side projects) and fatigue with the tedium and arbitrariness of my MBA studies. I'm just not interested in what I'm doing right now. Even a breakthrough in a problem that I've been dealing with for over a year has done little to assuage my ennui. I'm feeling stagnant.

I'm not particularly motivated to workout (but that doesn't keep me from hitting the gym or going on runs). I don't even have a very strong inclination to write this blog post. I'm writing to fight back against this blah that has been gradually dragging me down. Pursuits that I once found valuable have lost a bit of their luster.

I've learned that these low phases are just part of a cycle. There are better times ahead if I can just keep moving. Moving makes things possible, introduces a bit of disorder and chaos into things. The best stuff rarely comes from where we expect. It's those minor things that spawn the most satisfying parts of our life. If I don't keep poking around, they're not going to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment