Saturday, December 6, 2014

What's next?

I had all these plans for what I wanted to do when I was finished with my MBA. I'm still not finished with the class, but the big 20 page paper that I had to write (is it any wonder that I haven't posted here in months?) is finished. I thought my time would open up after than and I would start doing the things that I haven't been able to do with class commitments. I haven't finished a book, written anything of substance, or really done anything of note. Now that I really think about it, I'm not really sure that I SHOULD be doing those types of things.

Looking back over the last couple of years, I've given so much energy to some personal project, MBA or law school prep being the most obvious examples, that I haven't been giving my energy to the relationships and people in my life. I've failed to give my life the attention it deserves because I've been too busy thinking about some paper or how to do better on an utterly meaningless exam. That's not the best way for me to be living my life.

I thought about projects that I might do after I finished my MBA, but I really just need to stop trying so hard and just let things be for awhile. The best thing for me to do may just emerge after awhile. I may not have to push, push, push if I just let the important stuff bubble up to the surface.

No comments:

Post a Comment