Sunday, February 21, 2010

This guy puts me to shame

I found a new blog via a Google Reader recommendation. The blog caught my attention because the writer is going to try to get up at 5 to increase his productivity. My wife recently started getting up at 4:45 am to go the gym. She has taken to the switch fairly smoothly (although she also never complains so she could be hating life and not telling me about it) so I'm curious to see how this guy handles the change. For what it's worth, I find that I'm more productive during the late night so I'm happy to stick with my current routine.

As I was going through the blogs, I noticed that he has set a goal to read 50 books this year. He's really trying to read one book a week, but that's till a mighty lofty ambition. Well, I guess the loftiness of the ambition is a function of what books you are trying to read. Linchpin came in the mail on Thursday. I could have finished it tonight (who knows, I still could), but I decided to ship (Godin's term) a blog post instead. That's a book in less than a week. I could have read Hyperion and Fall of Hyperion in less than a week if I had fewer commitments. If nothing else, I think his goal puts my resolution to read 16 books this year in the highly achievable category. I only need to read a book every three weeks or so to reach my goal. Once I finish Godin's book, I will be on schedule again.

No comments:

Post a Comment