Thursday, August 19, 2010

Business Card study plan

After getting slightly uneasy with the the realization that I wasn't making much progress on retaining what I've read in my finance book, I stumbled on what has every appearance of being an efficient study technique. I've been summarizing sections of my finance book on the back of my old business cards. The small size forces me synthesize the information, the cards are easy to carry, and I have a couple hundred of them just sitting around. I can carry them in my new computer bag and pull them out to grab a few minutes review here and there throughout my day. Just lining them up helps me see how different sections of the chapter are organized. If nothing else, it's a good start on an efficient system.

I have also been forcing myself to read through the entire chapter rather than skipping sections that aren't mentioned in the summary at the end of the chapter. I tried that skipping around business when I was an undergrad and it didn't work too well. I have also decided that I want good grades. While not doing awesome will not be a hindrance, doing really well has the potential to help me out at some point in the future. Besides, I'm competitive. I want to be the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment