Friday, August 13, 2010

Practice

My experiment in trying to live like a part-time student has been slow to really get off the ground. I did sit down and read for an hour and a half or so on Tuesday or Wednesday night. Other than that, I haven't really done much. I feel asleep for an hour after Project Runway ended last night. I came down stairs to take care of a few things after I woke up, but I didn't have the mental energy to psuedo-study. I came down stairs tonight planning to study, but I spent awhile writing in my wife's anniversary card (11 years tomorrow). Then I read her latest blog post, felt like an ass, left a comment, and came back to write this post. It's still early. As soon as I'm finished I will move over to the kitchen table and do something school-like.

I have decided to use the desk as my study spot. The room is a touch cluttered, but I think it will be better studying in there rather than trying to use a common area of the house. I was talking to my wife about it and mentioned that I would just move a dining table chair up there to replace the super squeaky chair that's at the desk now. She suggested that I buy a new chair. After all, she tells me, I'm going to be taking classes for years. I've been so focused on getting everything in place just to start taking classes that I tend to de-emphasize the amount of effort this is going to take. This is going to be hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment