Friday, September 3, 2010

It's going to suck anyway...

Wisdom from Marines going through Recon training. It's going to suck anyway so you might as well just dig in and put out. That idea resonated with me at the moment. I heard this little nugget while watching Making the Cut on the Discovery Channel on Wednesday night before going upstairs to study. I was going through one of those phases when you're doing something new where you start to wonder if you made the right decision. I was trying to get a feel for how these online classes were going to work and I started to get a sense of the scale of my project. Most of it is just working through the uncertainty of how each week will work with assignments, forum participation, and keeping up with the material. While I was snagging a few minutes of working out before reading about financital statements, hearing guys getting their ass handed to them by some very intense training made me take a second look at what I've gotten myself into. I can do it. It may not always be fun, but I know it's the best move for me and my family. Some nights I won't want to hit the books, but digging in and putting in those kind of nights are what will separate me from everybody else. I want it. I will find a way to make it work.

No comments:

Post a Comment