Monday, December 16, 2013

Performance standards derived from performance focus

Will my performance be judged on project progression or people performance?

I thought that was a question for my boss when I jotted it down in my group leader notebook. Today I realized that it was a question that I have to answer. It's not a matter of answering in words. Simply writing, or saying, that I will be judged on people performance is not adequate. It's about the actions I take and the decisions that I make.

The projects will be progressed. That is the number one thing that I must ensure gets done. As long as my group gets samples tested in a timely manner, all will be well. Getting samples tested is not why I took this job. I took this job to influence the organization, and I want to develop as a leader. Influence and leading are all about my impact on people. Focusing on projects is not enough.


No comments:

Post a Comment