Sunday, May 23, 2010

So much can be said by buying one shirt...

I bought a new shirt for a night out with my wife. I decided to go outside of my comfort zone and buy something that was edgier than the standard polo shirt. I found what I was looking for at Buckle. The wife liked the shirt and was surprised that I was willing to shop for and buy something that was so different from what I usually wear. I have never really questioned the choices that I make about how I look or present myself. I do about the minimum of what is required for any situation. I had a fear of standing out when I was a teenager that has carried over into how I dress as an adult. I enjoyed wearing something that I actually took the time to find rather than simply grabbing the first thing that was acceptable. It sounds like such a small thing, but it has really made me aware of the options that I have when it comes to buying clothes. Many of my shirts are two or three years old. Perhaps it's time to revamp the wardrobe. This time, I might actually care about what I buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment