Friday, April 22, 2011

The Edge

Vincent goes to The Edge when he doesn't save anything for the swim back.

Successful SEAL candidates live on The Edge for an entire week.

I have never been to The Edge. I have never gone to where I thought I could go no further and kept going anyway. I've been trying to push myself that little bit further during my workouts recently. I keep thinking about a quote from the Russian wrestler Rulon Gardner held off to win the gold in the Sydney Olympics. Karelin said “I train every day in my life as they never trained a day in theirs,” Karelin went to The Edge every time he worked out. Those visits made him nearly impossible to defeat.

The Edge is pain and suffering, doubt and fear, misery and isolation. The Edge is looming out there waiting for me. Do I have the mettle to go there?

No comments:

Post a Comment