Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Direct Application

A direct application of something I've read to a problem that I'm facing at work hit me like a thunderbolt Friday morning. While I have tried to make the case that not having direct applications from my reading to my life is not really such big deal, seeing a link between some theory from a book and a real life situation was a nice validation of my, well, let's call it independent study. I desperately want to share my insight with a former manager, but he is notoriously difficult to track down. I only need a few minutes. I have a second person in mind who might be more receptive to my idea, but I would rather share my insight with somebody at the top. I want the credit for coming up with the idea. Status is one of my new pursuits after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment